- Spring wires
- Exclusion netting
- Chimney cowls
Our company also offers a guano removal and cleaning service.
Why is bird control important?
Lack of bird control can cause the following:
- Bird droppings (guano) not only look unsightly but there is also a serious risk of pedestrians slipping.
- Ammonia contained within the guano causes damage to the fabric of buildings.
- Direct contact with Guano can result in diseases being contracted.
- Birds spread disease such as ornithosis, cryptococcus neoformans, extrinisic allergic alveolitis, salmonella, escherichia coli and campylobacter.
- Nest materials can and do block gutters and outlets on flat roofs, valley and box gutters on pitched roofs.
The Food Safety (General Food Hygiene) Regulations 1995 state:
“It is a violation to allow birds to infest a food premises”.
Whilst wild birds can be a nuisance for commercial businesses and the general public, they are protected under the wildlife and countryside Act 1981.
In order to comply with this Act we can recommend/install any of the following proactive control measures to mitigate the nuisance that these wild birds can cause: